Monday, February 4, 2013

#16 - Gamers, Start Your Engines


16 – WRECK IT RALPH: For once, my favorite animated feature from this year does not come from Pixar.  As a child I was prohibited from video games by my parents until the age of 11.  Probably so I didn’t turn out like this guy (continues after the jump):



Fortunately for me that was the year Halo and the Xbox took the world by storm.  My obsession for that game led me to explore others retroactively, albeit without much success.  Still, if you love any type of video game you will enjoy this movie.

 
Ralph is a bad guy character in an arcade game, and he decides to leave his game and travel through the electrical cords to the other games.  Chaos ensues.  Jane Lynch and Sarah Silverman –voiced characters play the big supporting roles.  Comedy ensues.  The movie succeeds in showcasing many different styles of video game and gives a sense of what it would be like if you inhabited/could explore these worlds full time.  Great in 3D with high stakes and the usual Disney big heart, Wreck It Ralph will leave you itching to grab your controller and start some mayhem.   

No comments:

Post a Comment